To ensure that the design information for the facilities was up-to-date and complete, 120,000 documents of varying quality and format were consolidated for verification prior to developing the digital assets. Applying our engineering know-how, we reviewed data collected from laser scanning and resolved any data integrity issues.
After consolidating and optimizing the initial datasets we delivered the following to our client:
- Point cloud data and associated primitive models
- 3D ‘as-is’ models for all of 60 units and facilities
- Enhancement of the digital plant’s ‘intelligence’ to maximize the value of the data captured
- Final number of documents and drawings reduced from 120,000 to 10,000
- Integration of the accurate and intelligent digital asset data into a pre-configured engineering data warehouse – vital to handling and maintaining the sheer volume of the data